Header.png

Friday, October 15, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes from Kathryn (Part 1)



Hello cupcake lovers!

So I have a story to share about some cupcakes that Sarah and I were given recently. One of our hallmate's had a birthday and her mom made her some red velvet cupcakes. She knows our love of all things cupcake, so she decided to share a couple with Sarah and I. My response to this act of generosity was skepticism because I do not like red velvet cupcakes even though they are one of the most popular cupcake flavors. But to do my duty as a cupcake connoisseur, I tried the red velvet cupcake.

The heavenly chorus burst into song, the earth stopped moving, and I can officially say, "I'm a believer!"

This was seriously one of the BEST CUPCAKES EVER. The icing was perfect, the cake was delicious. There are no words.

So a big thank you to Kathryn and her mom (who graduated from Agnes Scott the same year as Sarah's mom and is also a teacher)!!! I am forever grateful to being shown the light of a good red velvet cupcake. (Sarah liked her's too, but her cupcake revelation wasn't quite as earth shattering as mine.)

Stay tuned for part 2 when I explain what red velvet cupcakes are made of (sugar and spice and everything nice, of course!)

'Til next time,
Lizzie





1 comment:

  1. Not real red velvet if there are no beets. And that is just gross.

    ReplyDelete